1,250+ Communications, Media, Marketing & Enterprise Technology Trend Predictions For 2010, And Beyond1 January 2010
30 December 2009
- Mobile's Sixth Sense - we're photographing, recording, touching, locating, shaking, accelerating and blowing
- Campaign effectiveness will be measured in a variety of different and very creative ways
- Video conferencing - cameras on the front of the phone; more consumers will connect via WiFi
- No-cost turn-by-turn navigation applications; end of stand-alone GPS is in sight
- Aggregation services in the areas of location, customer service and mobile commerce
- Increased adoption of mobile barcodes and coupons
30 December 2009
- Augmented reality: will likely gain traction
- Growth of mobile Web: will reach more than one-half of the consumers on the wired Web
- GPS battery drain problem: expect Apple to solve this
- Mobile site and applications: 50 percent of campaigns will direct users to a mobile site and 35-40 percent to a custom mobile application
- Geo-fencing: will hear geo-fence become part of marketers’ vocabulary
- Linking CRM databases into mobile marketing
- New entrants into mobile: more than 25 percent of brands an
29 December 2009
- More local businesses will use TV - particularly cable - to reach these more refined, segmented audiences.
- Online advertising for local newspapers will halt its expansion and go flat, or even see a slight decline; eexception: publications - both print and online - that serve rural areas or are focused on hyper-local news.
- Better targeting and new, advanced tools to personalize messaging and track results will lead to a surge in direct mail.
- The biggest jump yet in text-based mobile advertising, but more advanced options such as image and
24 December 2009
- The advertising agency will transform from one which is industry led, namely by the brands, to one where the individual is brought more into the communication process.
- The consumers will evolve from those having advertisements pushed to them, to being able to select what information is allowed to reach them.
- There will be operators who decide to specialize purely in the infrastructure and will provide this capability to those who have decided to focus solely on the services.
- Mobile advertising in 2020 will be mobile directed a
22 December 2009
- Ad Funded Interactive Services
- M-Commerce and Micro Payments
- Return of SMS Voting to P-TV
- The year of Google Android
- Augmented Reality
- Mobile Internet: brands will be more willing to experiment
- Mobile Coupons
- Smartphone Growth
- Monetisation of Social Media
- Rich Media Ad Formats
21 December 2009
- The U.S.