27 January 2010
- Co-working goes mainstream.
- Divisions between traditional “giving” sectors will continue to fade.
- Micro-activism will proliferate.
- More small causes will be aggregated to achieve greater impact.
- New ways to measure impact will emerge. Online swarms gain clout.
23 January 2010
- Sales Staff Get Social Media Savvy
- Inbound Marketing Gets Cash
- Location-Based Fills In The Gaps
- Social Media Lead Generation Becomes Common Place
- Social Media Publishing Gets More Multi-Media
- Influencer Marketing Gets Even More Important
- Mobile Can No Longer Be Ignored
- Corporate Web Sites Get Social
- Social and Real-Time Search Drive B2B Social Media Adoption
- B2B Gets Smart About Social Data
- The Firewalls Start To Come Down
3 January 2010
Social networking fatigue, social media & networking opt-out
Gestural computing, kinetic devices
31 December 2009
- Real-Time Enterprise
- The Mobile Enterprise - the new desktop is really a smart phone, a netbook or other sub-notebook mobile devices
- Software-as-a-Service Integrations
- API's - reflecting the growing importance of using social technologies as communication and productivity applications
- Web Oriented Architecture (WOA)
- Community Management - people with communications and technical skills will be increasingly needed to keep communities cohesive
- VoIP -
30 December 2009
- Swamped by Personal Tech
- An End to Net Freebies
- Privacy Dies
- Slow to Staff Up
- Socially Savvy
- Seeing Into the Future
- The Winners of 2010: IT Workers Who Breathe Social Networking, Amazon Outpeddles eBay
- The Losers of 2010: Oracle Gets Ousted?
- Big Companies That Lag
29 December 2009
- Virtual organizations will replace traditional business organization models
- Marketing via social networks will displace direct mail and slower, more expensive ways to build brands and identify prospects
- Governance of social networking will place significant stress on professional interaction
- Hiring will shift from the traditional hierarchical relationship to an organic, fluid distributed approach
- Control of information and organizational "secrets" will become difficult, if not impossible to control, without escalat
27 December 2009
- 10+ Gbps broadband speed, a prevalent speed at the core of the cloud, is now being demanded closer to the cloud’s edge, to connect enterprises and other network nodes.
- DOCSIS 3.0 combined with dense metro network footprints among MSOs will change the nature of competition for enterprise broadband services.
- Video consumption amongst consumers will continue to drive an unprecedented growth in bandwidth usage in the home.
- With the emergence of 4G LTE, historically disparate wireless network standards will begin merging into a globally
27 December 2009
- Cloud Computing
- Advanced Analytics
- Client Computing
- IT for Green
- Reshaping the Data Center
- Social Computing
- Security – Activity Monitoring
- Flash Memory
- Virtualization for Availability
- Mobile Applications
23 December 2009
- We will witness the emergence of packaged strategy-driven execution applications.
- The holy grail of the predictive, real-time enterprise will start to deliver on its promises.
- The industry will put reporting and slice-and-dice capabilities in their appropriate places and return to its decision-centric roots with a healthy dose of Web 2.0 style collaboration.
- Performance, risk, and compliance management will continue to become unified in a process-based framework and make the leap out of the CFO’s office.
- SaaS / C
23 December 2009
- The cloud adoption trend will continue, and vendors without real software-as-a-service strategies will be even more challenged to compete.
- Cloud platforms will allow ISVs to develop, market, and monetize cloud applications at a dramatically faster rate than traditional ISV development.
- Analytics go mainstream, as the user population expands beyond the traditional base to include marketers, risk managers and call center staff.
- Structural unemployment cuts of 2009 will not be reversed in 2010 because organizations that have automated