While working with clients and engaged in business development, we at Result constantly prod at new business models and concepts.
Social networking fatigue, social media & networking opt-out
Gestural computing, kinetic devices
- Social commerce
- Vertical expertise
- Expansion of retail sector e-commerce best practice into more vertical markets
- Online Shopping Clubs Will Mature
- Gaming Will Advance Beyond PCs and Consoles
- Real-Time Collaboration Coming to an Office Near You
- 2010 Will Be Android’s Year
- 2010 Will Have A Netscape Moment
We at Result have always thought that once you have chiseled out an internet business model that works locally, it's almost a sin not to expand it into other markets. Given today's internet penetration and users' behavior that's more true than ever.
1. Content is king, contacts are queen.
2. Media will all be focusing more on monetization of (sometimes: hidden) digital assets.
3. Subscription models for premium features and services will blossom.
4. Filesharing will, in all kinds of disguises, remain a main driver of social media’s success.
5. The most successful communities and social media that don’t have a sustainable revenue model can be acquired relatively cheaply.
6. Big American communities will focus on monetizing non U.S. traffic.